Kew Bridge Steam Museum wedding

Ealing Register Office

Today’s wedding did not started until 3pm and was last one at Ealing register office. I arrived early as I was a bit worried about travelling through summer storm. Luckily the god of traffic was kind to me and I arrived without any delay, unfortunately the weather man was not so kind to me, and I got soaked thoroughly once I was getting out of car and walking briskly into the register office. Not a great start to the day, it could only get better I thought ;o)

The Ceremony

The ceremony was rather short, as they all tend to be, quick group shots at the office stairs, some pictures of groom organizing a taxi to get guest to the steam museum… just to learn the taxi is not coming, so I kindly offered bride and groom a lift to the museum, so I doubled up as a wedding limo!

Kew Bridge Steam Museum

Once we arrived at the Kew Bridge Steam Museum I  immediately assembled my trusty Bowens flash to snap bride and groom’s portraits outside of the museum, with the iconic tower in the background. We were finished and moving slowly inside, once someone started the steam engine round the corner, with a lot of thick yellow smoke everywhere… so I could not miss this opportunity to get few more “atmospheric” pictures of Emily and David… and because of all the old stuff around and orange smoke we got some of my best wedding pictures. I used natural light not to spoil the vintage look.

The guest arrived at the venue in the meantime allowing me some ambient portraits as they were mingling. I could not resist to walk around with Bride and Groom around the museum and get more portraits with all the engines. Emily & David were excellent, very patient and happy to pose here and there for me, but also very natural I think.

Next point at my agenda was a steam engine train, running at the museum grounds, which was a great fun for the kids but also for grown-ups. Moving inside meant I was again struggling with lack of lights, especially as it was getting dark and this was not one of the sunniest days, which meant I had to start using my on camera flash quite soon.

The dinner was followed by speeches, cutting cake and first dance, and might assignment was over. I was very sorry to leave as the band was fantastic, just my cup of tea, I was just too tired to stay and enjoy the music. I’ll try to get a link to the band website if I can get it. And now, enjoy the pictures!

Leave a Comment